By choosing to build your new home with Darryl Bogotto Constructions, the building checklist will be a very useful tool in helping you to achieve your amazing new dream home.
Establish a budget
- Have you consulted your bank, broker or financial advisor and obtained a pre-approval? If not, we can organise a consultation for you.
- Once you have your pre-approval, establish a budget based on the repayments you are most comfortable with.
Keeping in mind the ever changing needs of any family, it is now time to establish what your needs and wants are. Consider how long you intend to live or invest in this home and ensure you include those items most important to you are on your list.
When you choose to build with Darryl Bogotto our team will be there to assist you every step of the way. We are here to help guide you in finding the right block to suit your lifestyle and needs. The following is a list of things we discuss with you and take into consideration when working to locate your block.
- Consider the location, does it meet the needs of your family? Check access/proximity to the facilities required for your family (schools, bus, shops, hospital etc)?
- Remember when looking for a suitable block, it is more cost effective to build on a flat block. If you are looking at a sloping block, (no matter how little it may seem) you should consult your builder regarding the associated costs before purchasing the block.
- Darryl and the team will help you find the block that is large enough to suit your needs and accomodate the home you are looking for.
- Consider the direction your block faces. Where is the afternoon sun?, Which direction are your prevailing breezes?
- Are all of the services available to your block and where are they located on your block (sewerline, water, power)?
- Do you need side access for your boat or trailer?
- Most developments have covenants in place that need to be taken into consideration. We have all of this information at our fingertips and can guide you to make sure your new home abides by the covenants no matter which estate you are building in.
- Already purchased your block? If so we can advise you what design elements will best suit your block to assist you in choosing or customising a design.
Your Builder – Darryl Bogotto
- Darryl Bogotto is a licenced builder.
- Darryl has been building in the Townsville region for over 30 years.
- Have you visited any of our homes (completed or under construction), or spoken to any of their current or previous clients? If not, be sure to let us know.
- We rely on the quality of our homes to speak for itself, and recommend you visit our homes to experience this for yourself.
- When looking for a builder you can trust and communicate with to ensure your dream becomes a reality, look no further than Darryl Bogotto Constructions.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Now that you have chosen your block and Darryl as your builder, it is time to look at designs to suit both your needs and the aspect of your block. The best home design is the one that ticks the most boxes on your list. We also have a wide range of facades to choose from and can customise yours to ensure your homes appearance stands out from all the other homes in your street.
- Yes, we will allow you to modify our standard plans at no extra cost.
- Yes, we will sit down and design a home customised to your needs at no extra cost.
- Have your own plans? Yes we will build your own design.
- When quoting your home, we go through our inclusions with you and assist in putting a comprehensive list together so we can provide a quote for your new home.
- Darryl’s quotes are detailed to ensure you understand the inclusions in your new home.
- You can talk directly with the builder and business owner, Darryl Bogotto, at any point throughout the process.
Time to Commit
Once you are happy with your new home design, inclusions and quote it is time to move forward.
Step 1 - Sign a preliminary agreement and pay a deposit. This will cover the drafting costs for your plans and your soil test.
Step 2 - Sign your building contract. This will lock in your price and now you can proceed to your financial institution to obtain your “Formal Finance Approval”.
Step 3 - Colour Selections & Electrical Plans. Once formal finance approval has been received we will organise your colour selections and electrical plans with you.
Step 4 - Covenant & Council approval. These are submitted once your colour selections and electrical plans have been completed.
Step 5 - Handover! You will receive the keys to your new home upon completion of construction and the criteria of your building contract being fulfilled.