Darryl Bogotto Constructions undertakes and accepts responsibility for the implementation of an OHS Management System (OHSMS) to facilitate the provision of a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors. Our goal is to instigate continuous improvement and to improve safety standards which will maintain a no lost time injury status on our work sites. Senior Management is committed to the objectives of this policy and will provide the financial and physical support to ensure targets are met and safety remains paramount importance to all of Darryl Bogotto Constructions operations.
Our objectives are to identify, assess and control potential risks during the design and construction phase of our projects and to promote and manage safety for the life of our projects. The main element in providing a safe workplace is the consultation process, compliance with risk assessment and controls and adherence by all persons to safety requirements and safe work practices.
Our principle objectives are to:
- Provide a safe place of work for all employees of the company, contractors and members of the public during the course of our activities;
- Provide staff and contractors with guidance on and training in the identification, assessment and control of hazards in the workplace;
- Provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and systems of work, including safe storage and handling of hazardous substances;
- Consult with employees and contractors on OHS issues and enable them to contribute to decisions that may affect their health, safety and welfare at work;
- Promote and foster a supportive and safe workplace culture and ensure that employees and contractors are aware of their responsibilities for OHS in areas under their control;
- Record any specific risks and hazards identified during the planning stages for each project by carrying out a risk analysis and incorporating responsibilities, processes and controls to eliminate or manage these risks and hazards;
- Ensure that safety standards required for each project are met and compliance is attained from commencement until the completion of the project, by having each contractor submitting risk assessments, induction certificates, and applicable WMS prior to work commencing;
- Investigate the cause and take corrective action for every incident regardless of whether it has caused injury or not; and
- Regularly measure, publish and continuously improve our safety performance.
Darryl Bogotto Constructions recognises its legal responsibility and requires all employees and contractors to regard existing Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards, as a minimum requirement. Roles and Responsibilities within our organisation are prescribed in our OHS Management System Policy and Procedures Manual which is available for viewing at our head office.
The co-operation of all employees and contractors on Darryl Bogotto Constructions sites is required as a contribution to health, safety and the implementation of this policy. All Darryl Bogotto Constructions management are available, empowered and have consultative training to receive enquiries or complaints regarding health, safety and welfare from any person within or without the company.
This policy will be reviewed annually in consultation with employees.